Duke Graduate and Professional students can access non-perishable foods, baby and child care items (food, diapers, wipes), personal and feminine hygiene products, school supplies, and gently used professional clothing and household items from the Community Pantry free of charge. Our mission is to ensure that all Graduate and Professional students and their families do not struggle with food insecurity in order to allow these students to focus on their education.
GPSG Community Pantry Services (Updated for summer 2022 hours!)
Note our reduced hours for the summer (May 1 – Aug 15)!
In-person shopping: On the first and third Saturdays of each month: 12:00-2:00PM.
Prepared Meals Program: On the first and third Saturdays of each month 12:00-2:00PM. Duke Dining has partnered with the Community Pantry and will be donating a limited number of prepared meals every other week. Please request your prepared meals using our survey below so we can order the appropriate number of meals. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian options offered. A new request must be submitted each week.
- Pickup/ drop-off pantry grocery shopping orders
- Special events (e.g., fundraisers)
- Pantry development projects (e.g., research, digital content)
We are accepting donations of items listed in the inventory above. Your donations are appreciated!
How to donate:
- Drop off items at the Community Pantry (GPSG House) any time in the outside donation bins
- Donate a gift card to Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Target, Walmart or Amazon
- Ship items from our Amazon Wish List directly to the pantry.
- *Bring a monetary donation (cash or check only) to the pantry during our open hours
- *Make a monetary donation (credit card only) Online
*Currently, monetary donations to the pantry are NOT tax deductible. Check made payable to Duke University. If you would like to drop off a check in-person at the pantry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date/time. Accepted credit cards for online donations include : American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa.
*The GPSG Community Pantry is not currently accepting donations of clothing, appliances, furniture, or kitchen items. Due to the limited physical space in the Pantry, we will only be accepting donations of food, paper (toilet paper, paper towels), baby-related items (baby wipes, diapers), and personal hygiene products as we re-organize. Thank you!
Want to have even more impact? Donate from our list of popular items:
- Baby care supplies
- Diapers (size 1-6)
- Pull-ups (size 2T-5T)
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Wash/Shampoo
- Household products
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Hand Soap
- Laundry detergent
- Disinfectant wipes
- Multi-purpose spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Paper bags w/handles
- Personal hygiene items
- Food items
- Mac and cheese
- Canned tuna
- Canned chicken
- Canned beans
- Canned fruit
- Microwave popcorn
- Goldfish crackers
- Peanut butter crackers
- Granola bar Items
Local Community Resources
- Duke Student Assistance Resources for financial assistance
- The Duke Mutual Aid COVID-19 Resources and Duke Mutual Aid FaceBook Page
- End Hunger Durham Food Pantries and Resources
- DPS School Meal Delivery EAT NC
- NC Diaper Bank Triangle Branch
- Harris Teeter at Erwin Square offers a 5% student discount for all Duke University students during Fall and Spring semester. Stop by their service desk or click this link to learn more!
For inquiries about volunteering, email:
- Jiwook Yoo (jiwook.yoo [at] duke.edu)
- Ali Burdick (alexsandra.burdick [at] duke.edu)
For inquiries about everything else, email Jiwook Yoo (jiwook.yoo [at] duke.edu)
Current Pantry board:
- Executive Director: Jiwook Yoo (jiwook.yoo [at] duke.edu)
- Program Coordinator: Ryne Wang (kecheng.wang [at] duke. edu)
- Inventory Coordinator: Pali Singh (pali.singh [at] duke.edu)
- Director of Communications: Ali Burdick (alexsandra.burdick [at] duke.edu)
- Volunteer Coordinator: Erin Dellinger (erin.dellinger [at] duke.edu)
- Research Coordinator: Olivier Binette (olivier.binette [at] duke.edu)
- Director of Outreach: Siyao Wang (siyao.wang [at] duke.edu)
- AmeriCorps VISTA: Marguerite Leek (marguerite.leek [at] duke.edu)