GPSG Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee – Mission
The GPSG Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is a Standing Committee of the GPSG Assembly. Led by the Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, the DEI Committee is tasked with identifying ways to continuously promote diversity, equity, and inclusion on campus. One major way this is accomplished is through connecting with DEI leaders across campus, be they students, faculty, or staff. Members of the DEI Committee work to impart meaningful change on campus through conversations with administration, passing key resolutions through the GPSG assembly, and collaboration with other student groups both within and without the GPSG body. As issues of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion can touch many aspects of student life, the DEI Committee is open to approach about any topic.
To anonymously contact the committee with suggestions, concerns, or to bring a topic to our attention, please use this reporting form:Fill out the GPSG DEI reporting form
Please contact the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with any questions, comments, concerns, or to join the committee.
- Continue MicroAwards program annually – The Spring 2023 application process has closed!
- Advocate for all-gender bathrooms to be created in all campus buildings
- Work with disability advocates on campus to create a more accessible university
- Push for members of campus community, particularly faculty, to take relevant training offered by the Disability Cultural Center
- Advocate with administration for more hired positions to support the Duke Disability Management System
Creation of MicroAwards program to support students who are using their personal time to further DEI efforts on campus.
Referenda Circulated Among GPSG Student Body
- GPSG Mental Health Referendum
- GPSG Doctoral RA Holiday Policy Referendum – resolved